1.1M3 and pruneMissing

From: Tore Halset (halse..vv.ntnu.no)
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 13:27:06 EST

    Hello.

    Given the following parameterized query on the Person.

    "(firstName = $first) and (lastName = $last)"

    What if only $first is set in the Map? The pruneMissing boolean seem to
    control the behavior. If pruneMissing=false a ExpressionException is
    thrown. If pruneMissing=true the complete qualifier for both firstName
    and lastName are ignored. Is it possible to make only the " and
    (lastName = $last)" be ignored in oposite to the complete expression?

    I think this is the way EOF is working. Take a look at the following
    ugly url:

    http://developer.apple.com/documentation/WebObjects/Reference/API/com/
    webobjects/eocontrol/
    EOFetchSpecification.html#fetchSpecificationWithQualifierBindings(com.we
    bobjects.foundation.NSDictionary)

    It says: "Applies bindings from bindings to the receiver's qualifier if
      there is one, and returns a new fetch specification that can be used
    in a fetch. The default behavior is to prune any nodes for which there
    are no bindings. You can invoke
    setRequiresAllQualifierBindingVariables with a true argument to force
    an exception to be raised if a binding is missing during variable
    substitution."

    Great work on 1.1! I am looking forward to use the new cache and
    defining queries in the Modeler in our projects.

    Regards,
      - Tore.