Re: Looking for examples of code

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Mar 03 2004 - 15:12:19 EST

    Hi,

    Have you already discovered 3 tutorials bundled with Cayenne (under
    "src/tutorials")? These are very simple examples, but they demonstrate
    main points on how to start with Cayenne:

    1. How to obtain a DataContext in command-line and web apps.
    2. How to run a query to get hold of persistent objects.
    3. How to modify/create them and store back to DB.

    While there is a lot of activity going behind the scenes, your
    application code is normally based on these three items - working with
    DataContext, SelectQuery, and your own persistent objects.

    Andrus