Re: java.sql.SQLException: Can't obtain connection. Request timed out. Total used connections: 1

From: Paul Furbacher (pfurbache..ac.com)
Date: Fri Mar 05 2004 - 11:07:40 EST

    Is it possible that you had set the max number of
    connections to 1 and there was already an open
    connection?

    This happened to me once, and I got the same error
    message from Tomcat. Since it happened a couple
    of months ago, the details of what was holding open
    that single connection have vanished into the ether.
    The only thing I do remember doing is that I set a
    higher maximum connections in the <data node>.driver.xml
    descriptor file. But as to exactly why a max of
    1 caused a problem escapes me. Sorry.

    Paul Furbacher