Is it possible that you had set the max number of
connections to 1 and there was already an open
This happened to me once, and I got the same error
message from Tomcat. Since it happened a couple
of months ago, the details of what was holding open
that single connection have vanished into the ether.
The only thing I do remember doing is that I set a
higher maximum connections in the <data node>.driver.xml
descriptor file. But as to exactly why a max of
1 caused a problem escapes me. Sorry.
On Thursday, March 4, 2004, at 08:00 PM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:
> Well, this problem went away. Maybe it's just what it says, and
> there was
> some kind of transient network problem from the application server
> to the database, but not from my remote host to the database.
> Mike Kienenberger <mkienen..laska.net> wrote:
>> java.sql.SQLException: Can't obtain connection. Request timed out.
>> used connections: 1
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.0.0 : Fri Mar 05 2004 - 11:07:46 EST