Clone an Object and Create New PK

From: Bret Gregory (bret.gregor..ccesspointinc.com)
Date: Tue Mar 23 2004 - 16:18:38 EST

    I was wondering if there was an easy way to create duplicate objects with
    their relationships while creating new auto_generated primary keys.

    I have a table with a 1:n relationship to itself.
    So an Object can be related to a bunch of other objects.

    I would like to clone the parent object and all of its ancestors without
    having to manually copy all of their different attributes and relationships.
    Does anyone know of an easy way to do this?