Re: Thanks, and back to enums

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Mon Apr 05 2004 - 21:16:26 EDT

    Todd O'Bryan <toddobrya..ac.com> wrote:
    > Hmm...we both seem to have arrived at similar solutions independently.
    >
    > Which begs the question: Should it be in the API?
    >
    > Sorry if I'm rehashing a previously hashed issue...

    Maybe.

    I guess it doesn't really matter since you can easily add it in as a
    superclass if such convenience methods fits your style of programming. In
    my experience with WebObject's EOF, Toplink, and Cayenne, such frameworks
    always return a list of objects for a query, and not just a single item.

    My GenericEntity superclass has essentially contained the same methods
    across all three frameworks.

    -Mike