setting a relationship from the wrong DataContext

From: Todd O'Bryan (toddobrya..ac.com)
Date: Sat Apr 10 2004 - 16:26:52 EDT

    I'm writing a webapp to allow teachers and students to enter multiple
    choice questions into a database.

    I have Question and Category classes, with Category as basically an
    enumeration of all possible categories of questions.

    When I grab a Category object, I get it from a special-purpose
    DataContext which only exists while I'm getting the object.
    But I want to use that Category in a Question that hasn't been
    registered with a DataContext, yet. So, you can imagine
    the problem:

    Cannot set object as destination of relationship category because it is
    in a different DataContext

    How do I handle this elegantly?

    Todd