relationship between inherited entities

From: sabiha (sdilovi..ahoo.com)
Date: Thu Apr 15 2004 - 09:06:59 EDT

    Hi,

    I’m exploring inheritance in Cayenne and have simple model with ObjEntities: “Employee”, “Manager” and “Developer”. (Manager and Developer are inherited from Employee).

    To implement inheritance I created only DbEntity “Employee” (not corresponding DbEntities for inherited ObjEntities) that contains all attributes of those classes (ObjEntities). And I have done all needed configuration described in Modeler guide: for ObjEntity “Employee” I set “Table/View” to be corresponding DbEntity – “Employee” and for inherited entities I set “Inheritance” to be “Employee” ObjEntity. And for inherited entities I set corresponding qualifiers: “manager” and “developer”.

    Did I miss something here or did something wrong?

    What my question is: if I want to have relationship (to-many) between “Manager” and “Developer”, how to implement it?

    Thanks in advance!

    Sabiha