Re: How to create a flattened relationship?

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sat Apr 24 2004 - 20:58:54 EDT

    Hi Mike,

    Do not despair, we'll figure it out :-).

    You haven't specified what version of Cayenne you are using, but
    judging from your description this is 1.1-something. Everything in your
    description seems ok (though it is worth doublechecking that reverse DB
    relationships were indeed created). I though it might be some platform
    visual glitch, so I tested it on Mac, Windows and Linux. And it worked
    on all three of them. So a few things to check:

    1. When a "ObjRelationship Inspector" dialog opens, do you see a white
    empty cell in "DbRelationships" table? If so, can you click on it? This
    should open a dropdown with choices. (I know this UI sucks, and now
    that we have a generic relationship browser implemented for
    SelectQueries, I can't wait to use it for "ObjRelationship Inspector"
    as well).

    2. When you save your mapping, are there any validation errors?

    3. If nothing works, can you send you *.map.xml file?

    Andrus