RE: Tapestry framework design applied on Swing app

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu May 06 2004 - 08:04:33 EDT

    Dave,

    I am not on tapestry-user, so feel free to forward this.

    You have a very good overview of existing technologies. However I no
    longer recommend Scope to anybody. It is a step in the right direction,
    but implementation itself is unusable.

    I actually started a pretty cool Swing framework that "feels" just like
    Tapestry and WebObjects, with configuration based on Spring. Currently it
    is a pet project of mine that has a chance of becoming a top-level project
    at objectstyle.org. The part that is already done leaves me very
    enthusiastic. Just like in Tapestry and WO, for each "component" you'd
    have a controller java class that also keeps the model properties, then
    there is a bindings file (Spring XML file) and a view (which is currently
    a Java class, but can be some XML-encoded thing as well). All this is
    hierarchical - components can have subcomponents. All this makes actions
    and bindings very straightforward. Nothing like regular Swing mess with
    inner classes.

    More on this next week when I come back from vacation.

    Andrus