Security Model?

From: Mehdi Bennani (mbennan..reebalance.com)
Date: Mon May 17 2004 - 10:45:03 EDT

    Hey Cayenners,

    I understand that Cayenne is a data modeling tool, and a security model may not be the main focus of the tool. But, I was just wondering if you guys thought of that at some point and what would be the best approach for it.
    By Security model, I mean a way for the developer to attach permissions to the different objEntities, so that only authorized users can update/delete/insert the objEntities. Also, eventually permissions on the rows in the database and so on... We have the need for that sort of implementation in our projects.

    We are thinking of build this model around the objEntities as the smallest level of granularity. It could certainely be used at the datacontext level also...
    So, I was wondering if you already had an idea on how/where this could be plugged in...

    Sincerely,

    Mehdi Bennani
    Software Engineer
    FreeBalance Inc.
    Visit the new FreeBalance website..www.FreeBalance.com

    T (613) 236-5150 ext.325
    F (613) 236-7785
    mbennan..reeBalance.com

    This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient(s) please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message and any attachments.