Re: read-only entities

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Wed May 26 2004 - 12:42:17 EDT

    Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:
    > From technical standpoint this is the same issue as above, and will
    > likely be handled similarly in Cayenne. However I would think that
    > read-only entities should not always be cached. They may be read-only
    > from your app perspective, while your DBA may load them manually via a
    > scheduled job. So you may still want to refresh them, even though the
    > app never modifies these objects.

    Exactly. My application has several tables that are read-only from my
    application's perspective, but are updated externally (generally) once a day
    and cannot be cached. There's definitely a difference between readonly and
    "should be cached." I believe WebObjects provides separate options for
    specifying both of these conditions.

    -Mike