Re: missing toOne

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Thu May 27 2004 - 11:07:44 EDT

    Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:

    > On May 27, 2004, at 4:56 AM, Tore Halset wrote:
    >
    > > Hello!
    > >
    > > My model has a to-one relation A->B that sometimes are empty. Is that
    > > supported? How can I test if a B exist for a given A? Checking for
    > > (a.getB() == null) does not work. It seems like a.getB returns a empty
    > > object with every attribute set to null.
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > - Tore.
    >
    > Tore,
    >
    > I remember this used to be a bug in the past, but this should've been
    > fixed long time ago. "a.getB() == null" should work. So the question is
    > - what version of Cayenne are you using? And also how is the
    > relationship mapped?

    I have a similar situation where I allow admin users to view a "deleted"
    record in some situations (we mark records "invalidated"=true rather than
    actually delete data, then the application's restricting qualifiers
    automatically hide these records from the view of the application).

    This is how I detect and handle such a dangling one-to-one.

                PaymentMethod aPaymentMethod =
    aPaymentHistory.getPaymentMethod();
                aPaymentMethod.resolveFault();
                if (PersistenceState.TRANSIENT !=
    aPaymentMethod.getPersistenceState()) // then it exists
                else // it doesn't exist

    This is used under 1.1M5, I believe.

    -Mike