RE: Retrieving via auto-generated keys

From: Gentry, Michael (michael_gentr..anniemae.com)
Date: Fri May 28 2004 - 11:44:13 EDT

    I was actually thinking of doing something similar to the globally
    unique ID in WO, but I couldn't find an *easy* way of getting the
    process ID (the ways I found involved C code + JNI). If you could
    generate primary keys that way, you wouldn't need to hit the DB and
    they'd be unique and known up-front. Does anyone know how to do that?

    Thanks,

    /dev/mrg