Re: can't use Boolean in query?

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Jun 01 2004 - 01:01:34 EDT

    Bryan, Tore -

     From past experience JDBC drivers do behave differently when binding
    values in PreparedStatement, so it is driver-specific. Cayenne
    addresses these differences by configuring ExtendedType subclasses per
    DbAdapter. While adapters come pre-configured with the right "extended
    types", still the users can customize this further in the code. However
    the whole thing is getting out of hand, and I would love to provide a
    better mechanism to configure the types (and likely refactor the
    generic type to cover more cases transparently).

    So what do we do now... We don't have an ExtendedType subclass for
    boolean values, but probably we should create one until a more generic
    solution is implemented. So could someone please open a bug report on
    that, including the driver/db versions that fail? [Unfortunately I do
    not have Oracle 8i to do the testing, but maybe I will be able to
    reproduce this on 9i]

    Thanks
    Andrus