Re: interfaces for my DOs?

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Thu Jun 03 2004 - 10:42:04 EDT

    Bill Dudney <bdudne..ac.com> wrote:
    > I'd like to specify an interface for my Cayenne generated interfaces to
    > implement. Is that possible?

    Sure, there's nothing special about defining an interface. I generally set
    the interface on my customizable java class. If it's common to all classes,
    you could specify it on the superclass.

    public class ScheduledPayment extends
    com.gvea.cayenne.ebpp.entity.generated._ScheduledPayment
        implements Payment

    > Also, are the values expected in the velocity macros documented
    > anywhere?

    I haven't looked at the templates in awhile, but I don't remember any
    macros.

    If you're asking what attributes are placed in the context, I think
    "classGen" is the only one, which is an instance of
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.gen.ClassGenerator. You can look at
    http://www.objectstyle.org/cayenne/api/cayenne/org/objectstyle/cayenne/gen/ClassGenerator.html
    to see which objects and methods are directly reachable from that instance.

    -Mike