Re: interfaces for my DOs?

From: Bill Dudney (bdudne..ac.com)
Date: Thu Jun 03 2004 - 10:53:06 EDT

    Thanks Andrus for the quick reply!

    On Jun 3, 2004, at 8:41 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > On Jun 3, 2004, at 9:28 AM, Bill Dudney wrote:
    >> Also, are the values expected in the velocity macros documented
    >> anywhere?
    >
    > Not really, but there is just a single object in Velocity context:
    > org.objectstyle.cayenne.gen.ClassGenerator registered under the name
    > "classGen".

    Great I'll look there for more info.

    >> I'd like to specify an interface for my Cayenne generated interfaces
    >> to implement. Is that possible?
    >
    > Depends. Could you give an example of what you are trying to do? For
    > instance Cayenne allows to set a custom superclass of a generated
    > classe. You can use this field for the interface name (with custom
    > template of course).

    I have a model A -> B where A and B are interfaces. I currently have a
    hibernate implementation and I'm trying to build a Cayenne impl to
    compare and contrast the two technologies. So what I'd like to do is
    have the interface allow me to specify the interface name instead of
    only a superclass. I could do as you suggest and copy the template,
    modify it and then use the 'superclass' field in the UI but I was
    hoping to see a part of the UI that allowed it.

    Overall Cayenne looks great! This is quite a pice of work. I used to
    use EOF about 7/8 years ago just before WOF consumed it and I loved it.
    I've had to suffer along with other stuff until I found Hibernate. Now
    it appears I have two world class EOF type replacements. Congrats and
    thanks for all the hard work. I have more questions that I'll post in
    another thread.