Cayenne and MS Access

From: Glover, Tony (Contractor-ELMCO) ("Glover,)
Date: Thu Jun 03 2004 - 14:17:29 EDT

    Hi,

    I'm a newbie to this group and am looking for a little help. I have a
    project in which the data is stored in a Microsoft Access database file.
    Yes, I know this is not great but they wanted a standalone file that could
    be delivered with minimal setup required. I have now been tasked to write a
    Java GUI to front the database and was looking at Cayenne to provide my
    relational to java mapping. Has anyone got Cayenne to work with MS Access. I
    have tried setting it up using the Sun JDBC-ODBC driver class, but I get a
    message stating the following when I try to reverse engineer the db:

    [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]Optional feature not implemented

    This sounds like a schema query kind of error and a problem with the MS ODBC
    driver or Access.

    If this is not possible, does anyone have another suggestion for a
    Cayenne/JDBC compliant database that can be embedded and delivered with
    minimal setup. I have come across hsqldb. Has anyone used that with Cayenne?

    Thanks,
    Tony