Re: SqlTemplates

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Thu Jun 03 2004 - 22:04:20 EDT

    Gary Jarrel <garyjarre..rownbilljarrel.com.au> wrote:
    > My knowledge of velocity and it's escape characters is somewhat limited,
    and
    > I suppose that I'm looking for an escape character that would let me
    insert
    > a " ' " into statement.

    It's kind of painful, but escaping in velocity works like this:

    #set ($singlequote = "'")

    And then to literalize all of your quotes:

    #result(${singlequote}(replace(some_col,${singlequote}0${singlequote},${singlequote}
    ${singlequote})${singlequote} ${singlequote}String${singlequote}
    ${singlequote}replaced${singlequote})