Multiple Questions

From: Elia Morling (eli..amiljen.se)
Date: Sat Jun 05 2004 - 12:36:55 EDT

    Hi,
    I'm new to Cayenne and have some questions.

    1. When will the guide to the Cayenne Modeler 1.1 be updated? There seems to be lots of undocumented
    features... For starters, what does Configure ClassPath do?

    2. I can't find anything on the site about the dvmodeler. What is it and what does it do?

    3. Do I need to Generate Database Schema after adding new tables to my database or is the generation
    only needed once?

    4. Why is the type of my id column set to Other? It is an integer in MySQL...

    5. Must the cayenne.xml files reside in the root of my application? Can I store them somewhere
    else i.e. in a folder named xml? I like to keep my roots tidy...

    6. Are there any planned features to export data to and from XML?

    Keep up the good work.

    Elia