Re: Sybase table with identity pk column.

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Jun 07 2004 - 09:39:19 EDT

    Hi,

    Unfortunately you can't use identity columns for PK with Cayenne. So
    you'd have to either avoid using identity columns, or mark another
    (non-identity) column as a PK (maybe even a meaningful column, like
    loginId, so that it is guaranteed unique).

    We will eventually support it, so I am open to suggestions.
    Unfortunately the flow of PK generation is just too different with
    identity columns, so it'll take some refactoring of the code.

    Andrus