Re: can't use Boolean in query?

From: Bryan Lewis (brya..aine.rr.com)
Date: Mon Jun 07 2004 - 09:56:27 EDT

    Andrus Adamchik <andrus <at> objectstyle.org> writes:

    > From past experience JDBC drivers do behave differently when binding
    > values in PreparedStatement, so it is driver-specific.
    > So could someone please open a bug report on
    > that, including the driver/db versions that fail? [Unfortunately I do
    > not have Oracle 8i to do the testing, but maybe I will be able to
    > reproduce this on 9i]

    Thanks to you and Tore for the replies. As you both said, it's driver-
    specific. I searched for an improved set of drivers (Oracle's classes12.zip)
    but the next later version was different enough that it caused other errors.
    (It was for Oracle 8.1.7 and I'm on 8.1.6.) I also found some pages
    saying: "Oracle JDBC drivers do not support calling arguments or return values
    of the PL/SQL BOOLEAN or RECORD types." I quit worrying about it, since I have
    a work-around. Oracle 9i might have the same behavior.

    I've entered an improvement request (doesn't feel right to call it a bug
    report), CAY-136. Thanks!