Re: Cayenne Article on TheServerSide.com

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Jun 08 2004 - 15:59:29 EDT

    On Jun 8, 2004, at 11:40 AM, Marko Kocic wrote:

    > No, I don't put DataContext in session/visit, I just fetch it for each
    > service method invocation (see interceptor bellow).

    This may have undesirable side effects. If you want to work with object
    relationships, related objects must be registered with the same
    DataContext. Of course you can fetch all needed objects on every
    request, but this seems wasteful. The most efficient use of Cayenne in
    a web app is when a DataContext spans the whole session.

    Andrus