Re: Cayenne and Hibernate by Bill Dudney

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sat Jun 12 2004 - 19:16:05 EDT

    On Jun 12, 2004, at 5:10 PM, James Treleaven wrote:
    > Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    >> And now TSS opened a discussion thread for Cayenne and Hibernate.
    >> Check it out:
    >> http://theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=26498
    >
    > Finally a reasonably informed Hibernate vs Cayenne discussion!
    > Cayenne is looking pretty darn good in the discussion, I think.

    Oh yeah. Looks like quiet a few people want an ORM that doesn't force
    them to write XML. This is something that is much easier to explain,
    than say the benefits of DataContext.

    > In the theserverside.com thread you say:
    > > I've been toying with various schema synchronization and merge
    > > approaches for a while, but doing for the purpose of validation is a
    > > fresh angle. Thanks for the idea :-)
    >
    > I should offer more code and less opinions - but my opinion is this
    > function would be most valuable as an ant task.

    Well, like most such "functions" in Cayenne, synchronization checking
    will likely be implemented as a standalone class (or as a part of
    DbLoader) that is UI agnostic. It should be equally easy to provide
    Swing or Ant frontend to it, or simply add it to the validation
    procedure.

    Andrus