Re: ConcurrentModificationException - ?

From: Matt Kerr (mat..entralparksoftware.com)
Date: Sun Jun 13 2004 - 23:19:13 EDT

    > Hmm.. In your case I actually don't see why the problem occurs :-/.
    > "getIsProcessingOnly()" and "setIsTranscriptionClient" seem like
    > benign property accessors without side effects. Is this so?

    haha - good point. yes, it's a derivation that crawls the object graph
    ... so, quite likely SELECT was being generated therein.

    > Anyway I guess logically it should be a no-no to change object state
    > when commit is in progress (not sure if this is what actually happens
    > in your case?).

    yes, i agree--it was very backhanded.

    > However I still thought that users should be allowed to perform select
    > during the validation, as an object may need extra data to validate
    > itself. So I opened the bug report and already changed the code to run
    > the validation outside the iterator.

    exactly -- as much as changing object state is a no-no in
    validateForSave() ... deeper validation still needs to be allowed.

    thanks andrus!!