Re: How to create JOIN query

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Jun 16 2004 - 10:24:49 EDT

    On Jun 16, 2004, at 9:47 AM, Donald Mackinnon wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I am new to Cayenene and am not sure about the best way to query 2
    > tables.
    > Is it best to create a Flattened Relationship using the Cayenne
    > modeler?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Donald

    Hi Donald,

    Since we are talking object mapping, what are you trying to accomplish
    in terms of objects? Please give some details.

    If you simply want to fetch objects related to the "root" class of a
    query, then you are likely looking for prefetching feature -
    http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/userguide/perform/prefetching.html

    Flattened relationships on the other hand are mostly used to avoid
    mapping of meaningless join tables in the object model (e.g. in a
    many-to-many case).

    Andrus