Re: Flash & Cayenne

From: Matt Kerr (mat..entralparksoftware.com)
Date: Sun Jun 20 2004 - 22:57:17 EDT

    you can certainly do this with flash client + http + java/cayenne
    server. in this manner ... there's nothing special about cayenne -
    it'd work just like anything else you'd place on your server. there's
    plenty of flash docs on how to create http (get) request, and parse xml
    response. it's pretty straightforward (aside from the asynchronous
    response).

    i did a thin google search on 'flash java' and didn't turn up much
    anything (that i could see) about running flash+java in same .exe (ie
    fat client with flash ui + java backside). i've done flash coding, and
    haven't seen anything like this. then again, there are other
    macromedia tools (generator, ... ?) which do slightly different things.
      ... my gut tells me no, but then again, i dont know for sure ... so,
    do double check.

    if you find more do share
    if you have specific questions just lemme know
    cheers!
    -matt

    On Jun 19, 2004, at 18:17, Patrick Whalen wrote:

    > Is it possible to use Flash as a front end for an application using
    > Cayenne?
    >
    > I believe this has been discussed before, but I can't find any place
    > to search Cayenne User list archives. Is there such a place?
    >
    > Thanks!
    > patrick

    ~~
    act first to desire your own good opinion