Self Reference

From: jsaa..eb.de
Date: Mon Jun 28 2004 - 06:55:15 EDT

    Hi,

    I have a problem:

    In our project we use self-referencing for storing orders and the dependend suborders in the same table. With this organization it is possible to create an order-tree of dependend orders.

    If you place an a self reference in the cayenne modeller there is no possibilty to set the reverse relation, and without reverse relation, cayenne doesn't work right now.

    I know that this mechanism is good for having no endless loops when populating a data object.

    So what can I do. The database structure is given, because I'm working on an existing database coming from our base product. So there can be made no changes.

    Juergen
    WEB.DE Video-Mail - Sagen Sie mehr mit bewegten Bildern
    Informationen unter: http://freemail.web.de/?mc=021199