Re: Tapestry framework design applied on Swing app

From: Alexander Lamb (Alexander.J.Lam..im.hcuge.ch)
Date: Tue Jun 29 2004 - 08:49:23 EDT

    Hello,

    I also have been looking for an MVC framework that would look like
    EOInterface or more recently NSController so your post looks
    promissing!
    There are obviously several questions:
    - where is Swing heading and what to expect from the JCP in the near
    future?
    - is it reasonnable to build directly on Swing or should we build on
    SWT or another toolkit?
    I see Scope didn't change in a while.
    However, even if not MVC, there is buoy (http://buoy.sourceforge.net/)
    which seems interesting.
    Finally, I went to check on the objectstyle page and saw JStaple. I
    suppose that is framework you are mentionning?
    What amazes me is that middle of 2004, the Java community hasn't come
    up with a solution which looks like EOInterface (key-value coding,
    dynamic bindings, associations, etc...). No need to have XML files to
    describe everything immediately. Already if we had the basic classes to
    setup programmatically the bindings it would be great!

    Alex

    --
    Alexander Lamb
    Service d'Informatique Médicale