Re: Tapestry framework design applied on Swing app

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Jun 29 2004 - 12:11:55 EDT

    Hi Alex,

    This is off topic for the cayenne-user list, but as JStaple doesn't have
    its own (yet), here it goes...

    To the best of my knowledge Swing control layer is not gonna change and
    will likely stay as bad as it is. And yes, JStaple is the result of
    prototyping that original Swing bindings idea intended to fix that (and
    otherwise Swing is very usable combined with JGoodies, etc.) JStaple is
    available from SourceForge CVS right now
    (http://sourceforge.net/projects/jstaple/) with examples, etc (do "ant
    dist" to compile it). First I started by doing all the XML wiring stuff,
    but then turned around and just did the Java binding API with no XML
    integration, as this was just a distraction at this stage. Check out
    HR-JStaple example - it is pretty cool.

    Anyway, check it out. Let me know if you find it useful. When I come back
    from WWDC, I will setup a mailing list and some basic website so that the
    project can build community and evolve further.

    Andrus