Working with Transient Objects

From: Elia Morling (eli..amiljen.se)
Date: Tue Jun 29 2004 - 17:20:49 EDT

    Hi,
    Here's an example to illustrate my problem. I have a parking lot
    with 5 cars stored in the database. Every time I start up my
    application I need to create 5 new cars for the duration of the
    run only. I don't want to store them in the database so I simply
    create the objects without a context using regular new().

    Now I can't make them work with the parking lot, when using:

    parkinglot.addToCarArray(car);

    OR

    car.setParkinglot(parkinglot)

    Why doesn't this work and what should I do about it? I need to
    have database cars and non-database cars to co-exist in the
    parkinglot.

    Elia