Re: Generating ActionForms

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Thu Jul 01 2004 - 16:24:24 EDT

    Scott McClure <scot..martblob.com> wrote:
    > I was wondering how simple it would be to extend the current DataObject
    > generation tasks/interface to allow to create ActionForms as well.
    ActionForms
    > are Struts classes that closely mirror the model classes. Even if they
    would
    > need to be edited (validation added, fields removed, etc.), It would be
    much
    > nicer to have a chance to build the initial files from Cayenne.
    >
    > All that is needed from Cayenne is to run one more Velocity template.

    I have ant tasks that build validation.xml, struts-config.xml and
    html-page.vm files from the database model.

    However, I think I'm using a custom patch to do so.

    We talked about making this easier for the common user, but I think I
    dropped the ball and never got around to presenting a proposal.

    -Mike