Filter a to-many relationship

From: Joris Melchior (jmelchi..ogers.com)
Date: Thu Jul 08 2004 - 00:07:16 EDT

    My apologies if this has been asked many times before. I was unable to
    find the answer.

    If I have a one to many relationship I can easily get the 'many' side
    when I have a handle to the 'one' by calling a method that looks
    something like 'public List getStuff()'. I understand I can do in memory
    filtering if I don't really need all the returned DataObjects but I can
    see many occasions on which I would like to limit the resulting List up
    front.

    Is there some way that Cayenne offers a 'getStuff(Expression e)' so that
    I can limit the resultset returned to me as an alternative of in memory
    filtering?

    Thanks, Joris.

    --
    Joris Melchior