Primary Key question

From: Scott McClure (scot..martblob.com)
Date: Thu Jul 22 2004 - 11:32:09 EDT

    There has been lots of conversation on primary keys lately - a couple questions.

    I have an ID field that I use outside of Cayenne - the field is used for
    indexing and such, and therefore needs to be a presistent attribute. I want to
    know if this is possible without modifying the generated class like described
    in the documentation. I currently have the id attribute set as the primary key
    in the modeler and also mapped to the object entity. Will this work?

    Second - if I need to find an object by primary key and I have it mapped to the
    object entity, is it faster to do a query or to use the new utilities in
    DataObjectUtils?

    Thanks!

    Scott