Re: JNDI datasource for standalone application?

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Fri Jul 23 2004 - 18:53:55 EDT

    Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:
    > Mike,
    >
    > In the past I saw a few open source frameworks for standalone
    > embeddable JNDI object bindings. Don't remember the project name
    > though. Try googling it, you may find more than one such framework out
    > there.
    >
    > Still none of them are likely to help you with reusing existing OAS
    > JNDI configuration. I would imagine every such framework will have its
    > own configuration requirements. So using "cdeploy" doesn't sound more
    > complex than any such embedded JNDI framework.

    Thanks, Andrus. The only framework I had been able to locate thus far was
    the Apache Directory Naming project, but it appeared to be non-functional.

    The more I look at it, the more it seems I should either use cdeploy or
    create an Oracle App Server data-sources.xml config file parser. I just
    thought I'd ask in case I was overlooking something more obvious.

    I think I'll try the parser first.