Re: Integration with Spring Framework

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Jul 28 2004 - 19:48:40 EDT

    Hi Shishir,

    On Jul 28, 2004, at 7:20 PM, Shishir K. Singh wrote:
    > I was wondering if anything of this kind is on the roadmap.

    Short answer is - yes.

    Basically in current Cayenne 1.1 we have most of the pieces needed for
    such integration (e.g. thread-bound DataContext), so writing a Spring
    factory should be rather simple. As for the timeline, I guess we need
    to release 1.1 first (early in the fall if things work out as planned).
    After that 1.1.1 will likely have all needed Spring factories (again,
    they should be pretty trivial to write based on the current Cayenne
    features).

    Andrus

    PS: Synapsis Technology seems to be located near Philly. I am planning
    to do a Cayenne presentation in the Philly JUG [if we can book the
    room, that is]. So please come over, and we can talk about Spring as
    well ;-) I will post an announcement here when the date becomes known.