addToMany

From: Todd O'Bryan (toddobrya..ac.com)
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 06:08:52 EDT

    I'm still not getting relationships...

    I'm modeling a simple bulletin board system.

    There are Forums which have Threads which have Messages.

    The thread table has a forum_id field and there's a relationship called
    forum from thread to forum with a reverse to-many relationship called
    threads from forum to thread.

    I fetch aForum, create aThread, and call aForum.addToThreads(aThread).
    The thread shows up in the database, but the forum_id is not correctly
    set to the id of aForum. Is this something I have to do manually or
    should it be happening automatically? It seems the latter, but maybe
    not...

    Thanks,
    Todd