Re: JavaDoc in CayenneModeler?

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 11:23:54 EDT

    > "Gentry, Michael" <michael_gentr..anniemae.com> wrote:
    > > Does anyone know of a way to store custom information in CayenneModeler
    > > (like the UserInfo dictionary in EOModeler) which could then be used
    > > inside the Velocity templates to fill in JavaDoc comments? (Ideally for
    > > the entity, attributes, and relationships.)

    Another possiblity (which I use in my current project) is a DATA_DICTIONARY
    table that tracks all of this information.

    You'd then need to modify the class generation code to read this information
    in from the database beforehand so it's available.

    We went this route rather than the UserInfo dictionary because, while not
    every potential "user" would have access to the model, every "user" could
    have access to the database. [Along with that, accessing info from a
    database is standardized whereas accessing info from a model is not.]