Re: Method for unit-testing commitChanges() in cayenne-based applications

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 20:40:31 EDT

    On Aug 25, 2004, at 5:42 PM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:

    > Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out any way to set up such an
    > intercept if
    > an application directly calls DataContext.createDataContext(), but
    > that's
    > not applicable in my current situation.
    >
    > Perhaps some future version of Cayenne should provide a way to specify
    > DataContextFactory.

    Well, DataContext.createDataContext() is just a quick and dirty way to
    get DataContext. I guess I am in favor of consistently using
    DataContext provided by the environment. Thread-bound DataContext being
    the most generic use of such approach, and will work with unit tests as
    well.

    As for emulating a commit (but not select) failure, I guess your
    solution should work quiet well. Cayenne itself uses a bunch of mockup
    stack objects to emulate different stack behavior. These classes are
    pretty new and are located under org.objectstyle.cayenne.unit.util
    package in tests. They are probably not usable for application unit
    testing directly, but may be used as examples for creating custom
    mockup stack.

    Andrus