Re: [off topic] XMLGUI

From: James Treleaven (jametre..noreo.on.ca)
Date: Tue Aug 31 2004 - 13:02:45 EDT

    My view is shaped (perhaps polluted) by Tapestry, but I really believe
    that the solution to all this is an XML based swing markup language that
    allows binding to Cayenne objects via OGNL.

    When Andrus introduced JStaple I got excited because I thought it might
    finally be what I had been waiting for - a Swing version of Tapestry.
    (By this is mean something with xml based page description, ognl
    binding, and a tapestry like component model which makes building new
    user-interface-components easy and elegant).

    To my mind - the DataViews functionality belongs in a 'view subsystem'
    and in an ideal world Cayenne would "stick to its knitting" and be a
    'model subsystem'.

    James