add LIMIT statement? (reduce size of resultset)

From: Twan Kogels (twa..wansoft.com)
Date: Wed Sep 01 2004 - 06:28:33 EDT

    Hello,

    Is it possible to add a "LIMIT" statement to the end of a query which
    SelectQuery executes? (like: select * from users where age < 25 LIMIT 50 )

    I'm currently testing my application and have a table with 20.000 records.
    I'm doing a query on this table and i sometimes get over 10.000 records.
    That's a bit too large. So i tryed setFetchLimit(50), but after reading the
    documentation setFetchLimit doesn't limit the size of the resultset, it
    only limits how many rows in the resultset cayenne will convert. This means
    i'm still stuck with a resultset of 10.000 rows and cayenne is only reading
    50 of them :-)

    The difference between a query which results in a resultset of 10.000 or a
    query which results in a resultset of 50 is about 2,5 seconds.

    Cheers,
    Twan Kogels