Re: Should a toMany relationship contain transient elements after rollback?

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Sep 06 2004 - 18:23:47 EDT

    Hmm.. if an exception is thrown on commit, Cayenne doesn't alter the
    state of the objects, leaving DataContext intact. So if you are seeing
    transient objects in a list, they likely appeared there before the
    commit was called. Here is one hypothetical scenario - you create a new
    object, add it to relationship, and then delete the other side of
    relationship with "CASCADE" delete rule. As a result NEW object becomes
    transient (but still before commit).

    Andrus