Working with ObjectIds

From: Kevin J. Menard, Jr. (nirvdru..egativetwenty.net)
Date: Wed Sep 08 2004 - 10:49:22 EDT

    Hi,

    Sorry if this is a FAQ, but all I found in the docs was that a developer really needn't concern himself with ObjectIds. However, I'm working on a Tapestry app, and I'd like to pass the id of an object as a service parameter in a DirectLink. Then in my listener, I'll reconstruct the object and do whatever it is I want to do with it. So, how would I go about accomplishing this? Is this even the right technique to be using?

    Thanks,
    Kevin