Cayenne + Tomcat (5)

From: Gentry, Michael (michael_gentr..anniemae.com)
Date: Wed Sep 08 2004 - 10:52:01 EDT

    This is more of an FYI since it took me a while to get working and I
    thought it might help someone else.

    I'm trying to learn a little bit about Tapestry and had set up a few
    small example applications (Tomcat 5 + Eclipse 3 + Tapestry 3) and
    gotten them to work. Then, of course, I wanted to add Cayenne into the
    mix. As soon as I did that, I was get this error message starting
    Tomcat:

    (org.apache.catalina.startup.Embedded).

    I kept playing around with the JARs/etc, trying to find the right magic,
    but eventually I searched on Google and found this page:

    http://masterdev.dyndns.dk/dev/10.htm

    I pretty much did what it suggested and got it all up and running again.
    Of course, now I have other issues, but those are of my own doing.

    Hope that helps someone!

    /dev/mrg

    PS. I saw another page that suggested it was a Tomcat 5 issue, not a
    Tomcat 4 one, but I'm not going to install Tomcat 4 just to test it.