Query on a Single Primary Key`

From: Lindsay Steele (lsteel..inet.net.au)
Date: Sun Sep 12 2004 - 03:41:22 EDT

     I have to do a query for a single object. The only way to identify
    this object is to use it's primary key.

     It is just showing the details for that object.

     I have read through previous mailing list posts .. And have come up
    with two ways of doing this ...

     One solution was something like this ...

     Expression expExtn =
    ExpressionFactory.matchDbExp("EXTENSION_NO_PK_COLUMN", extn);

      This does not seem to work .... It comes back with the following error
    ..

     "[v.1.1B2 July 25 2004] Can't resolve path component:
    [extension.EXTENSION_NO_PK_COLUMN]"

     I also see another solution being giving that is said to be even
    better. It is to use
     the DataObjectUtils class. I am not exactly sure how to implement
    this though ?? I like to see code examples
     of how something is being done.

     Does anyone have any code examples on how to use the DataObjectUtils
    .... Or can they see anything wrong
     with the matchDbExp I am trying use.

       Thanks,

               Lindsay