Handling DataObjects

From: Joćo Paulo Vasconcellos (vasconcello..mail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 13 2004 - 18:01:33 EDT

    Hello list, let's see if I can make a real question this time. :)

    I am writing an application which lets people changes their data. I
    got a field named Marital Status and I need to show a list of the
    possible status. All fine until there. The problem is, how do I
    retrieve this info from the form? When the user changes their marital
    status using the <select> provided, how can I know which status she
    picked up whithout using the object's PK, as this is bad design?

    Just a bit lost in this.

    TIA,

    --
    Joćo Paulo Vasconcellos