Re: [OT, Mac OS X] CayenneModeler and Java 1.4.2_05 upgrade

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Sep 15 2004 - 11:48:44 EDT

    Michael,

    The good news is that all the stuff that you expect from an app on Mac
    can be done with Swing. Currently we force "plastic" look and feel on
    all platforms, but switching it to Aqua is as simple as replacing the
    Main class of the current Modeler, and setting a property to display
    the menu on top of the screen instead of attached to the Window.
    Shortcuts should be as easy... So duplicating the whole things in Cocoa
    seems a bit wasteful.

    In fact I was going to write an ant task (similar to what WOProject
    does for WO applications) to package CayenneModeler for Mac
    specifically, so that it can be started by clicking on an icon, and
    feels like a Mac app in all other respects. That's probably just a few
    days worth of work. Feel free to jump on that if you are interested
    (and if so, lets switch this discussion to cayenne-devel).

    Andrus