objects removal

From: Michele Cuozzo (miccu..csys.it)
Date: Thu Sep 16 2004 - 09:40:32 EDT

    Hi everybody,

    I've got a problem with objects deletion:
    for example I've got Object1 and Object2 classes binded with a many-to-many flattened relationship ( so in the database I've got a bind table object1_to_object2 not present in the ObjectEntity list of my model);
    I've setted a delete rule that say Cascade on Object1 deletion but when I try to remove an instance of Object1 I've got an SQLException like the following:

    java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: <unnamed> referential integrity violation - key in object2 still referenced from object1_to_object2

    I'm using PostgreSQL 7.2

    Where is the problem?

    thanks in advance

    Michele