TORPEDO ORM comparison

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Sep 20 2004 - 00:50:03 EDT

    Just saw this on TheServerSide.com:
    http://www.middlewareresearch.com/torpedo/

    While TORPEDO looks like mostly marketing exercise and doesn't take
    into account many important things, it probably has a bit of value, so
    that myself and other Cayenne users should pay attention. I am sure
    Cayenne showing could be very decent, as we use JDBC optimizations to
    the full extent, and also have advanced caching in 1.1.

    Still one area where we would shine compared to all open source ORM is
    totally neglected by TORPEDO. From their FAQ: "Other features, such as
    the quality of the development tools for the O-R mapping software, are
    important considerations when selecting an O-R mapping product but
    TORPEDO does not measure those features." Oh well...

    Anyway, I was wondering if anyone bothered to look at TORPEDO or has an
    opportunity and desire to hook up Cayenne with it? Could be a good
    thing for selling Cayenne to a PHB ;-)

    Andrus