RE: Cayenne x Hibernate x Any other ORM FW

From: Steve Wells (stwell..wnmail.net)
Date: Wed Sep 22 2004 - 00:07:52 EDT

    Try a search for Cayenne on:
    http://www.theserverside.com/search/search.tss

    Besides the article from Andrus and Eric take a look at the one by Bill
    Dudney.

    There was also some talk on the Tapestry list but I couldn't find it
    again.

    I've used Hibernate before and found it quite good, but soon ran into
    some roadblocks that drove me nuts. I can't remember the details but
    found certain aspects to be less than intuitive and took a day or 2
    overcoming a few issues. This was over a year ago so maybe it has
    gotten better (as I have as well). I tryed Cayenne on a recent project
    and had a lot of success, I wouldn't say it was all smooth sailing but
    that was because I was learning it and Struts at the same time, and I
    NEVER had the same trouble as I did with Hibernate. Thats just my
    experience anyway.

    Steve